Thermal Imaging Camera
- Thermal imaging cameras don’t actually see temperature. Instead, they capture the infrared (IR) energy transfer from an object to its environment and produce a real-time image in a color palette where hotter objects appear brighter and cooler objects appear darker.
- IR energy is generated by the vibration of atoms and molecules and behaves similarly to visible light where it can be reflected, refracted, absorbed and emitted. The more these atoms and molecules move, the higher the temperature of the object.
Schematic of an uncooled thermal detector pixel
Amorphous silicon (a-Si) presents attractive electrical properties for microbolometer applications. It is easy to deposit uniformly on a 200mm CMOS substrate and is fully compatible with silicon microelectronics technology. Semiconductor electrical resistance is sensitive to temperature and to the activation energy, which is a property of the material.
Multi-step calibration process
Thermal imaging Camera Applications
- Thermal imaging cameras are becoming a common tool in the home inspection industry where they are being used to verify building performance to specifications, to determine insulation condition, locate leaks, verify structure design and locate moisture intrusion.
- Thermal imaging cameras are used where the identification of thermal patterns can be used to find something or diagnose a condition, such as poor insulation in a home or an overloaded electrical circuit.
- Some examples of thermal imaging camera applications include :
- Substation electrical inspections – Thermal heat loss inspections of buildings
- Locate radiant heating wires or pipes – Locate potential areas for mold growth
- Flat-roof leak detection for buildings
- Detect thermal patterns on boiler tubes
- Mechanical bearing inspections
- Detect insulation leaks in refrigeration equipment
- Check for the overheating or cooling of electric or electronic devices
- Check for the overheating of transmission lines and transforming system
- Inspect and analyze the distribution condition of pipelines
- Check for any deterioration in firebricks in the industrial furnace
- Measure temperature of components for automobiles and aircrafts
- Check for any deterioration in plant machinery and electric components
- Identify any defective products in the manufacturing process for electronic products
- Mange heat distribution in chemical tank/ Manage heat distribution in rolling process
- Detect and diagnose any metal fatigue
- Non-destructive inspection
- - Detect any places with problems on walls or in structures/ Inspect architectural structures for safety
- Detect any problems associated with energy consumption, humidity and electricity inside buildings
- Safety inspection for gas leaks
- - Our security customers benefit from thermal imaging cameras because they help them to secure facilities like ports, airports, nuclear facilities, warehouses, estates and many more against intruders.
- Remain vigilant for any intruders entering factory facilities, Maintain a fire watch
- Remain vigilant for any intruders entering plants and substations
- Border watch, Coast watch and Smuggling watch
- System to prevent crashes during night voyages
- Safe night driving of trains and vehicles
- Closely observe the night taking off and landing of aircrafts